Peaceful Country Lifestyle
"Martindale" is an attractive and well-located farm, with a beautiful weatherboard 4 bedroom homestead and self-contained brick cottage adjacent. Situated on the outskirts of the quaint village of Portland, about 2 hours from Sydney, 40 minutes from Bathurst and about 20 mins to Lithgow, with its electric trains.
Some features of the property include:
- 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Master with walk in robe and ensuite
- Formal and informal living and entertaining areas
- Country kitchen with excellent appliances and cosy hearth
- Open fires and wood burners for winter warmth
- Superb Blue Mountains outlook from wrap-around 8-foot verandas
- Single bedroom cottage with wood burner, mezzanine, kitchen and bathroom
- 4 bay colourbond shed (3 bays lock-up with concrete floor)
- 4 bay colourbond dirt floor shed, with power
- Stables, timber horse and steel cattle yards
- Levelled area for dressage arena
- Untreated town water connected
- 5 dams, plus reliable creek
- Great roof-water storage
- 10 paddocks with stock-proof fencing
- Zoned Large Lot Residential
With its gently undulating terrain and thoughtful retention of native trees "Martindale" offers an opportunity for a tree-changer or local family to move into a peaceful country lifestyle. The land is zoned appropriately for subdivision into 2 hectare lots under Lithgow City Council's Local Environment Plan, which adds future financial security, should the purchaser wish to take advantage of the opportunity. I strongly recommend that you ring to arrange an inspection of "Martindale".
Land Size: 103 acres
Auction, Friday 20th April 2018, 10.30am at The Auction Centre 152 William Street Bathurst.
Peter Crampton 0409 132 269
Bill Marshall 0427 663 240
3 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.