Hollanders Fly Fishing Freestone Trout Stream
It saddens the owner's heart to place this majestic property on the market but alas the time has come!
The property is located on the western edge of the magnificent Hollanders River Valley and has more than 1500 metres of absolute river frontage to the sparkling river, home to wild brown trout. The house is directly opposite Surprise Ridge in Kanangra-Boyd National Park and has fantastic views up and down the valley - northwards to Jenolan State Forest and southwards to the rock bluffs of Chardon Canyon.
For the keen trout fisher, the property has easy access to many kilometres of prime waters - freestone rapids, pools, riffles and glides, both downstream to Chardon Canyon and upstream to Lane's Yards and beyond. The property has three weirs to enhance the size and depth of the major pools and to provide insurance against extended spells of dry weather.
- Large two storey, three bedroom home with first floor verandahs all round and a double garage underneath, having internal stair access
- Spacious open plan lounge, dining and kitchen areas with tiled floors
- Glass fronted slow combustion wood heater with three speed fan, situated in lounge room Kitchen has LP gas cook top and oven, island bench and plenty of cupboard space
- Quality thermal curtains throughout
- All bedrooms are generously sized, carpeted, with built-in wardrobes
- Main bedroom has a bay window with French doors opening to the eastern verandah, lie in bed and enjoy the view of the National park
- Bathroom incorporates bath, shower recess, vanity and double linen cupboard, separate upstairs toilet
- Spacious laundry with second fridge internal timber staircase leading to ground floor, second bathroom with toilet, wine cellar, battery room and double garage
- 45,000 litre rainwater tank; attached pump house with Danfoss electric pump
- Totally self-sufficient power system comprising 16 solar panels (1500 watts capacity) Trace Engineering inverter/charge, PLC controller, 24 x 2 volt battery bank each cell rated at 650 Ah (total 31,200 Ah) and a Honda 7.5kVa LPG back-up generator
- Large picture windows on three sides to take advantage of the views of the river valley, the National Park and the rock faces of Chardon Canyon
- Landline telephone connected
- Enjoy outdoor living with five doors opening out to the 2.6 metre verandahs which encompasses the house
- 10.42 hectares (26 acres) of wilderness ambience with graded roads to and along the river
- Large covered pavilion at the Home Pool, 650 metres from the house. Overlooks a beach and has a sundeck and barbecue area and outdoor furniture for relaxing and watching the fish rising to the fly
- 30 minutes south of Oberon
Whether you are looking for trout fishing, bushwalking or just plain peace and seclusion in a mountain setting this property is perfect. In addition to the beautiful river enjoy the ambience of the Australian bush - the colourful birds, wild native animals including kangaroos, wallabies, echidna and platypus in wild and untamed surroundings.
This property is located in the final stages of the Hollanders River about three kilometres upstream of the sheer rock walls of Chardon Canyon. The Tuglow river flows into the canyon from the west over the magnificent Tuglow Falls where it joins the Hollanders. Thereafter, the co-joined rivers are known as the Kowmung River which flows southwards through the Moorong Deep in the Blue Mountains National Park and then north east into the Cox's River approx, six kms upstream of Lake Burragorang (Warragamba Dam).
This property is priced to sell quickly.
(Property description by owner).
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.