Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Former Wisemans Creek Post Office
- Land: 2,835m² (0.7 acres)
This home has been built on the site of the historic Wisemans Creek Post Office. On a sealed road and an easy drive to both Oberon and Bathurst.
- Fully instualed external and internal walls and ceiling
- Fire rated and self-insulating Hebel block construction, steel frames and trusses
- Has been completely rewired and plumbed
- Tiled open plan living area incorporating lounge, dining and kitchen
- Large slow combustion wood heating provides adequate warmth
- Country style hand crafted timber kitchen, gas cooking, wall oven
- Boasting three bedrooms, all with built-in robes
- Modern bathroom with large shower recess
- External room for pumps and hot water system
- Covered concrete area at rear, great space for the kids to play
- Numerous rainwater tanks and the ability to pump from the creek
- Terrific storage and workshop set up, with a container used for storage and another with adjoining carport
- Workshop well equipped with 3 x 15 amp points, steel beams above
- On top is a perfect guest accommodation with power and water connected
- In a small village with no close neighbours
- Having 2,835 square metres, consisting of two lots (8&9) with double access plus lot 12 leased from the Crown giving access to Wisemans Creek
- Situated just off the Beaconsfield Road, about 25 kilometres from Oberon.
- The area has historically been used for mining of copper and gold and has been fossicked since the 1800's with people still having finds today.
- Due to the mining activity a petition was drawn up asking for a post office and Wisemans Creek Post Office opened in January 1886 and closed in 1976
Reluctantly the owner has moved from the area to pursue farming interests. There is still a bit that needs to be done such as floor coverings to the bedrooms and touch up painting.
2,835m² / 0.7 acres
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.