Auction location: The Auction Centre 152 William Street, Bathurst
Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
1,414 Acre Livestock Breeding & Finishing
- Land: 573 ha (1,415 acres)
Rich Alluvial Creek Soils, Rising To Medium Breeding Country
"LOWANNA" Located in the heart of the Lachlan Valley, 19mins North West of Cowra & 30mins from Canowindra and just 3.5hrs from Sydney.
Offering buyers the rare opportunity to purchase fertile, responsive country with excellent water security and the potential to turn off large numbers of livestock, mainly for breeding purposes, while the creek flats offer ideal Lucerne country for dryland hay production or livestock finishing, along with a fenced feedlot and fodder feeding facility.
- Approx. 572.5hectares (1,414 acres)
COUNTRY / SOILS
- Rich alluvial creek country, rising to predominately medium Brown/grey loam soils for grazing/part cropping country to approximately 345acres of completely fenced heavy grazing timber.
- Excellent 5.1klm road access around the property with multiple double gate access, being ideal to site the property and check stock from the council maintained exterior road.
- Water is a feature. A total of 15 stock dams, plus two seasonal creeks run through the property, being Middle Creek and Frying Pan Creek. The owners have never seen the property without water in the dams, with a high percentage of springs that feed many stock dams. 8MEG & 6MEG DAMS. 8MEG dam has the ability to reticulate to concrete header tanks to service concrete water troughs over the property, which have not been required and the owner is unsure if these require maintenance infrastructure is in place.
- Basic shed infrastructure include a 4 stand shearing shed equipped, along with a 3 bay machinery/hay shed and commenced gal sheep yards.
- Excellent business opportunity or to maximize livestock finishing programs along with soil enhancement benefits.
- Comprising two rooms of 36 bay, multi shelf grain to paddock fodder shed, which is hydroponically barley sprouting technology that has no wastage. 100% eatable, 90% digestibility and has estimate weight gains for beef cattle of 1 - 2.5kg per day. 1-5 ratio. Produces 5T sprouted barley from 1T of grain over a 5 day period. Comes complete with a conveyor belt system to load semi-trailers/trucks & irrigation system.
- 3 X 64T BARLEY near new HE SILOS - Total 192T
FEED LOT PADDOCKS
- 10 X Newly fenced feedlot paddocks. Has been created for the current owners sheep and pork operation, for cell grazing.
- Mix of Kurrajong, Grey and Yellow box and White pine timbers
- 23km of new Gal fencing. Fencing is mostly in an excellent order
- Basic 3 bedroom clad home with sleep out and office. Rental estimate of $250pw.
"Lowanna" is located on the outskirts of Cowra, close by to some of the regions most productive properties for hay / livestock and cropping. Regarded as a very safe location with consistent weather patterns and annual rainfall of 634mm or 24inches.
INFORMATION MEMORANDUM AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
WE HAVE VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS TO SELL AT AUCTION IF NOT SOLD PRIOR.
"Lowanna" is to be offered for sale by public auction.
The Auction Centre
152 William Street, Bathurst
10.30am - Friday 23th MARCH 2018.
Contact agent for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Josh Keefe 0439 269 449
573 ha / 1,415 acres
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.