Oberon, West of Sydney in the Central Tablelands, is the perfect hub from which to explore many country towns and historic villages along The Tablelands Way and the Central West. We are less than three hours from Sydney (around two from Parramatta), half an hour from Bathurst, about 45 minutes from Lithgow, one hour from Katoomba, one and a half hours from Mudgee, two hours from Goulburn and three hours from Canberra.
This means you can relocate to Oberon and still be in the centre of things.
Moving to Oberon means you can enjoy all the country lifestyle has to offer – clean air, little traffic, a crisp alpine climate, a short drive or walk to work (which means less time spent commuting), friendly people, a real sense of community, a safer environment, and some of the most spectacular scenery in NSW, including Jenolan Caves and Kanangra Walls part of the Blue Mountains World Heritage area, right in your backyard. Oberon is also home to the famous Kowmung Music Festival.
- Oberon is in the heart of country NSW
- We are still close to family and friends and business contacts in the city
- Our real estate is affordable yet in demand so there is less risk of capital loss for those who may be thinking of building or buying a home.businesses are actively looking for skilled workers
- Our Council is responsive to community and business needs. Councillors are not party political, which means they work as a team for the betterment of Oberon
- Our people have real country values and are fiercely proud of their area, having successfullyfoughtagainst amalgamation of their Council, and continue to stand on their own.
Population as at 2011 is 3186